Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Data Sheets

Hey fellow speechies!  This post is for you.  I know, I know, you probably don't want another data sheet in your arsenal.  And that's ok.  Or maybe you are going through an "I hate my data sheets" phase like I did about a billion times.  But I made it through that phase and now I happen to think this data sheet is the best one out there.  It's simple, and I'm a simple gal.  Simple is my middle name.  Actually, it's Christine.  But that doesn't matter.  When it comes to paperwork, my mantra is: "No frills, just function." So I now present you with my Data Sheet:

I print out tons of these before each school year and put a couple of them in each student's tab of my binder.  Then I write in their individual objectives in the top right box.  This is also how I keep track of how many times they have met their objective.  Since I usually write goals with a phrase like, "...over 3 observations" then I can quickly glance to see how many times they have met that goal.  I just write the date in the box.

I like the data boxes because each row has 20 boxes.  Therefore I don't need a calculator because I know each plus is worth 5%.  And I hate math.  The less math the better.  Big factor in my career choice.

The HW column is homework.  I do an "R" if they returned last week's and an "S" if I sent out new homework.  I like the notes section because I can write any sounds or new vocab words we discussed which makes it easy for me to review the following week.

This next chart is my R Progress Chart.  This is what I use to keep track of my R kids' progress.  It goes with "The Entire World of R" very well but I know there are other similar programs that it would work with too.  I like it because I have learned that it is crucial to teach these sounds separate and make sure I don't go too fast in teaching them or in advancing them to the next level.  This helps me keep track and it also helps the student see their progress.  I just write the date they achieved at least 90% or more (or whatever their personal criteria is) in the box.

I hope you find these useful.  If you decide to use them leave me some love in the form of a comment so I can feel good about the time it took me to post this.:)

Good luck as you get ready for another year!



25 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle! Those are very nice! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan Haseley, MS CCC SLPMay 31, 2013 at 5:46 AM

    Hi Michelle,
    I will be speaking at the South Dakota Speech Conference in October regarding my /r/ device the Bite-R and tactile speech training. May I share your R Progress Chart?

    ReplyDelete
  3. An experienced pool service provider will inspect your pool and advise you on how to maintain it. They are able to quickly spot small issues that could lead to a major crisis. click this link

    ReplyDelete
  4. I invite you to the page where see how much we have in common. visum fur indien

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. Day care near me

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. privacidadenlared

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post. Thank you for this work. The travelers need to apply Kenya visa on arrival for us citizens through online visa application. Check the details and read the guidelines before you fill up the application form.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow.. Very informative article thanks for sharing please keep it up.. In the case of emergency e visa India fees for US citizens it may be applicable some extra charges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a great pleasure to discover your site by accident, while I was searching on Google for something else. Visa to Turkey from USA is an electronic travel authorization for United States citizens issued by the Turkish government. As opposed to a standard visa, it is designed for those people who want to visit Turkey without needing to apply for one beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I have read your article several times, I find many valid points in it. I am confident your readers will enjoy it. Travelers can apply for a Turkish e visa which is very easy. If you have an internet connection and valid documents, you can apply online from anywhere in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, this picture is much nicer and more active. We are very fortunate that we got to see such a picture. Thank you for sharing this with us. If you are interested in traveling. You can apply for a Turkish visa online.The visa process is simple and straightforward. You can apply for an e-visa by yourself, and it only takes a few minutes

    ReplyDelete

  12. Wow, thanks for sharing this beautiful picture with us. You are a true great person. Traveling is a different kind of fun. You can apply online with e turkish visa online. It works very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are truly grateful for your valuable contributions, as they have significantly enhanced the overall experience for all. If you are considering traveling to India, I highly recommend that you apply for an e-Visa. e visa from India -The process is convenient and user friendly. The instructions provided were clear and easy to follow. I got my e-Visa instantly and did not face any issues during my travel. Just be sure to gather all required documents and provide accurate information in your application. Applying for an e-Visa is a hassle-free way to explore the vibrant culture and beautiful landscapes of India.


    ReplyDelete
  14. US Nominates Croatia For ESTA Visa Waiver Program, marking a significant step towards enhancing travel and diplomatic relations between the two nations. The ESTA program enables citizens of participating countries to travel to the United States for tourism or business purposes without the need for a traditional visa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your posts are a true pleasure to read, engaging, insightful, and an absolute delight. Keep up the fantastic work ! Turkish citizens can obtain a Kenyan Visa for Turkey, allowing them to explore the diverse beauty and cultural richness of Kenya. Get ready for an exciting African journey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What’s up everyone, Kindly keep sharing valuable articles. Feel free checking out this information. Explore Ethiopia hassle-free with the convenient Ethiopia e-Visa for Thailand citizens. Discover ancient history, vibrant culture, and breathtaking landscapes. Apply online for a seamless travel experience.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there! Your captivating and educational content is a pleasure. Can't wait for more of your upcoming posts! United Arab Emirates citizens planning an Egypt visit can apply for an Egypt Visa. Familiarize yourself with requirements and guidelines for a seamless Egypt Visa for United Arab Emirates Citizens process before traveling.

    ReplyDelete